This low-cost, portable, and 3D-Printed Laboratory Equipment (3D-PLE) can be utilized to achieve the following learning outcomes:
- Derive the equation of motion of a translational vibratory single degree of freedom system
- Setup the experimental system using Arduino, NI DAQ, and ADXL 335 accelerometer
- Obtain natural frequency both experimentally and theoretically
- Create Matlab Simulink model of the system and find the free-vibration response
- Compare the free-response both using the linearized equation and transfer function using Matlab
The link provides the CAD models, required equipment, and 3D printing settings of the compliant parallel-arm mechanism.